– COVID-19 UPDATE –
Updated:August 10, 2020
Please note this is a fluid virus and things can change at any time.
1. DAILY HEALTH AND WELLNESS SCREENING must be filled out each day and handed in. You will not be permitted to skate without the screening.
2. TEMPERATURE CHECKS – athletes may be temperature checked before entering the facility. Anyone with a temperature over 38 will not be permitted to participate and should go to the Government of Alberta website for covid-19 screening for testing.
3. DRESSING ROOMS / CHANGING – GO TO THE DRESSING ROOM YOU ARE ASSIGNED. (Same dressing room each day.) Players are to come fully dressed if possible, exception: skates and helmet, which can be put on in the dressing rooms. Goalie pads and chest protectors can be put on once inside. Players are to stay in change room until ice and lead instructor is ready.
4. PARENT / GUARDIANS – As per Strathcona County regulations.
5. WATER BOTTLES – water bottles are to be clearly marked with childs name and FILLED AT HOME.
6. BATHROOM – please go to the bathroom prior to arriving. Younger participants should use the bathroom prior to ice time.
7. EQUIPMENT ADJUSTMENTS – coaches cannot help tie skates, fix helmets etc. Please ensure your child’s equipment fits and is comfortable. Please ensure your child’s HAIR IS TIED BACK AND OUT OF THEIR FACE.
8. WARM UP: Older athletes (U14 & U16) looking to warm up before the ice time are to use the outdoor space and can get dressed in the parking lot. Dressing rooms are for last minute equipment (skate, helmet, gloves). All groups will do a short on ice warm up.
9. INSTRUCTORS will do their best to keep one stick length distance from players, although there are times this will not be possible. Instructors will follow Strathcona County mask rules both on and off the ice.
10. SPECTATORS: As per Strathcona County regulations.
11. Anybody (participant or parent / guardian) with symptoms of COVID-19 or links to a known case of COVID-19 is prohibited from the arena site until tested and cleared or considered recovered. Anybody displaying COVID-19 symptoms will be asked to leave the facility / premises immediately.
* In the event of a conflict between these health protocols and the protocols of the arena, the arena protocols prevail.