– COVID-19 UPDATE –
Updated: July 21, 2020
Please read all 12 points. You are responsible for knowing their content. Ensure your daughter also understands. Please note this is a fluid virus and things can change at any time.
1. Signed & initialled ASSUMTPION OF RISK AND RELEASE OF LIABTILITY form required Monday prior to first ice time. Players will not be able to participate until this is handed in. ( This document will be emailed to participants the week of August 4th, 2020. Also posted in left sidebar. )
2. DAILY HEALTH AND WELLNESS SCREENING must be filled out each day and handed in. You will no be permitted to skate without the screening. (This document will be emailed to participants the week of August 4th, 2020. Also posted in left sidebar.)
3. TEMPERATURE CHECKS – athletes will be temperature checked when checking in each day. Anyone with a temperature over 38 will not be permitted to participate and should go to the Government of Alberta website for covid-19 screening for testing.
4. DRESSING ROOMS / CHANGING – Players are to come fully dressed if possible, exception: skates and helmet, which can be put on in the dressing rooms. PLEASE GO TO THE DRESSING ROOM YOU ARE ASSIGNED. Players will stay in change room until ice and lead instructor is ready.
5. ONLY ONE PARENT / GUARDIAN IS permitted in the dressing room with the participant. Other family members (ie siblings) are not permitted in the dressing room. Please arrange childcare for your other children.
6. WATER BOTTLES – water bottles are to be clearly marked with child name and FILLED AT HOME.
7. BATHROOM – please go to the bathroom prior to arriving. Younger participants should use the bathroom prior to ice time.
8. EQUIPMENT ADJUSTMENTS – coaches cannot help tie skates, fix helmets etc. Please ensure your child’s equipment fits and is comfortable. Please ensure your child’s HAIR IS TIED BACK AND OUT OF THEIR FACE.
9. INSTRUCTORS will do their best to keep one stick length distance from players, although there are times this will not be possible.
10. Anybody (participant or parent / guardian) with symptoms of COVID-19 or links to a known case of COVID-19 is prohibited from the arena site until tested and cleared or considered recovered. Anybody displaying COVID-19 symptoms will be asked to leave the facility / premises immediately.
11. All participants in the 50-person cohort are required to do 2-metre physical distancing at all times except when on the ice or the bench.
12. SPECTATORS: 2-metre physical distancing from everybody not in their family cohort. Face masks are encouraged but not mandatory.
* In the event of a conflict between these health protocols and the protocols of the arena, the arena protocols prevail.
“My mask protect you, your mask protects me.” –Alberta Government