– COVID-19 UPDATE –
Updated:August 10, 2020
Please read all 12 points. You are responsible for knowing their content. Ensure your daughter also understands. Please note this is a fluid virus and things can change at any time.
1. Signed & initialled ASSUMTPION OF RISK AND RELEASE OF LIABTILITY form required Monday prior to first ice time. Players will not be able to participate until this is handed in.
2. DAILY HEALTH AND WELLNESS SCREENING must be filled out each day and handed in. You will no be permitted to skate without the screening.
3. TEMPERATURE CHECKS – athletes will be temperature checked before entering the facility. Anyone with a temperature over 38 will not be permitted to participate and should go to the Government of Alberta website for covid-19 screening for testing.
4. DRESSING ROOMS / CHANGING – GO TO THE DRESSING ROOM YOU ARE ASSIGNED. (Same dressing room each day.) Players are to come fully dressed if possible, exception: skates and helmet, which can be put on in the dressing rooms. Goalie pads and chest protectors can be put on once inside. Players are to stay in change room until ice and lead instructor is ready.
5. ONLY ONE PARENT / GUARDIAN IS permitted in the dressing room with the participant. Other family members (ie siblings) are not permitted in the dressing room. There are skate tying stations available outside the dressing rooms for male parents / guardians. Please arrange childcare for your other children.
6. WATER BOTTLES – water bottles are to be clearly marked with childs name and FILLED AT HOME.
7. BATHROOM – please go to the bathroom prior to arriving. Younger participants should use the bathroom prior to ice time.
8. EQUIPMENT ADJUSTMENTS – coaches cannot help tie skates, fix helmets etc. Please ensure your child’s equipment fits and is comfortable. Please ensure your child’s HAIR IS TIED BACK AND OUT OF THEIR FACE.
9. WARM UP: Older athletes (U14 & U16) looking to warm up before the ice time are to use the outdoor space and can get dressed in the parking lot. Dressing rooms are for last minute equipment (skate, helmet, gloves). All groups will do a short on ice warm up.
10. INSTRUCTORS will do their best to keep one stick length distance from players, although there are times this will not be possible.
11. SPECTATORS: Face masks are mandatory in the facility at all times.
12. Anybody (participant or parent / guardian) with symptoms of COVID-19 or links to a known case of COVID-19 is prohibited from the arena site until tested and cleared or considered recovered. Anybody displaying COVID-19 symptoms will be asked to leave the facility / premises immediately.
* In the event of a conflict between these health protocols and the protocols of the arena, the arena protocols prevail.
“My mask protect you, your mask protects me.” –Alberta Government